BBs WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOUR AIRSOFT GUN SO CHOOSE WISELY!
Using cheap BBs (typically purchased at Sporting Goods stores, Walmart, etc.) in your high-powered airsoft gun (250 FPS+) is the equivalent of strapping ice skates onto an all-star NFL running back...IT WILL HINDER PERFORMANCE AND CAUSE CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE!
Example of low-grade BBs obtained from our local sporting goods store causing IRREPARABLE DAMAGE to a high-grade polycarbonate piston from a M4A1...after only 950 shots!
Stripped piston (left) and a cracked piston (right), both broke due to jamming caused by low quality sporting goods store 0.20G BBs.
Example of low-grade BBs obtained from our local sporting goods store causing IRREPARABLE DAMAGE to the internals of a metal gearbox after only 950 shots. Notice how the piston stripped due to BBs jamming, and has caused damage to the gears (note the piston shavings on the gears).
Gearbox & internals destroyed by low quality sporting goods store 0.20G BBs.
Be aware that many low-grade Airsoft BBs, especially those sold at sporting goods stores, will be LABELED as "Seamless Airsoft 0.20G" or "Seamless Airsoft 0.12G" BBs. Just because they have run an extra layer of polish onto them and labeled them as "Seamless" DOES NOT mean that they are manufactured using the same technology as true high-grade seamless BBs (true seamless BBs are NOT butcher-cut pieces of rounded plastic, like the low grade BBs are), and DOES NOT mean they have the same high density content and precision spherical consistency that high grade airsoft BBs have.
High vs. Low Quality BBsHIGH QUALITY BBs:
- Are typically sold at Airsoft specialty retailers, NOT general sporting goods stores
- Will improve performance and minimize/eliminate jamming
- Will improve accuracy due to high density and spherical consistency ratings
- Will increase FPS due to better flight characteristics
- CAN and WILL VOID your airsoft gun's warranty
- Are typically sold at general sporting goods stores (Walmart, big-box sporting goods retailers, etc)
- Will jam in the barrel/gearbox of the gun, due to seams and/or poor craftsmanship
- CAN and WILL shatter inside high powered airsoft guns due to jams/irregular fire, causing catastrophic and often irreversible damage to the internals of your airsoft gun
- CAN and WILL strip your gears in your AEG and ultimately cause your gearbox/motor to lock up and render your entire gun INOPERABLE
- Have seams, and/or are not fully polished, and/or contain surface contaminants (specks of dirt, discolorations, etc), and/or shatter easily (reflecting low density rating), and/or contain and air bubbles.
Seams & air bubbles present will am your airsoft gun & shatter inside the gearbox.
High polished, high density precisions BBs improve performance & eliminate jams.